Bandel Innovations, LLC a Midwest company with the founder of the company having a fire/paramedic background has developed an innovative rollable backboard device.
The rollable backboard allows a first responder to extract an immobilized patient from a tight or restricted space without back injury to the first responder. Ideal for the unconscious or unresponsive patients that a typical stretcher cot or backboard are unable to gain access to.Features:
- Two 3" diamter wheels at the foot end that provide smooth rollability
- A rugged built-in footrest that is perpendicular to the board when opened and flush with the board when folded shut
- Ability to roll a patient, rahter than carry a patient
- Removal of patients from the most constricted locations
- Reduces career ending back injuries to first responders
- Immobilization features of a typical backboard reduces patient movement during transport
- Ideal product for mass casualty events in which one has limited resources and the Wauk Board can assist in tranfering of patients
- X-ray translucent
- Impervious to Body Fluids
- Easily Decontaminated
- Length: 78" Width: 18"
- Length from top of foot rest to head of board: 73"
- Thickness: 2"
- Thickness at wheels: 3.5"